The best laid plans of mice and men.
I have been trying with help from people around me to get all of the little projects around the house done so I can get to work. What is my job, why writer and I would like to write and if everything works out become a paid writer once again. However, before that can happen, the million little projects that are not important on their own, but add up into a giant distraction need to get done.
And that was were I was all day, a million little projects…
- Move the microwave, yes I bought one to heat leftover efficiently, to make room for the fryer which required moving the spice racks.
- Find new home for spices
- Continue organizing the pantry, an ongoing project as the pantry is a walk-in closet with a lot of shelves
- Build the fryer
- Hang rope lights, we are using rope lights in place of standing lights to reduce energy costs and because they look cool
- Move excess games from shelf in the dinning/living room onto shelves in the office/library
- Hang up remaining picture frames and mirrors
- Organize the master bedroom into something resembling a place you want to sleep and have sex
- Organize the silverware. The silverware has been tossed into one drawer while organizing everything else, now silverware is somewhat more organized
- Kitchen equipment that is used less frequently needed a new home
- Take a tap light back to store for a new one
- Take back bottles
- Spend an hour online and on the phone with Amazon to learn where a charge came from
- Pick up children from school
- And so on…
What was not on that list?
Did you say writing? If you did, you are correct. I did no writing at all today, other than this post and a list of things I wanted to get done. If you did not say writing, you are way more hopeful than I am or have a very high opinion about the amount of stuff I can get done in one day, thank you. 🙂
So here I am at the end of a very productive day, but I have not done the one thing I should be doing. However, looking for the silver lining, a lot of the distractions that have kept me away from writing are now done. That is a good thing.
Hopefully, after I finish this post, make dinner, clean up dinner, and watch the news, I will put paper to pen creating and fleshing out characters for the stories. Then I can share with you how I create characters, probably not that exciting, but if I am to revise old writing into something better I need to take the time to address the issue of bland characters.